Every one of our turfgrass brand pages has a general maintenance guideline sheet that can be easily downloaded. However, maintenance practices change slightly based on location and soil type. We strongly recommend seeking a professional recommendation from your local extension office or landscape supply store to ensure that you are properly maintaining your lawn based on the requirements of your area and soil type.
Some things to keep in mind are:
- Sandy soils usually require more water to keep the turf healthy because sand drains faster than clay or heavier soils.
- As a general rule, the further South you are, the longer your growing season, which means that your lawn may require increased fertilization.
- Grass in partial shade will remain wet longer than grass in full sun and watering should be adjusted accordingly.
- Over-watering can be just as harmful as under-watering because grass that stays moist all of the time is at high risk of fungus and disease.
- If you see your grass turning brown during the growing season you most likely have a fungus, disease or insect issue. See our guidelines for instructions on how to identify and treat.
EMPIRE TURF® MAINTENANCE
Height: 1-2 inches
1 inch per week
MAINTENANCE & CARE DOWNLOADS
If you prefer to have a qualified professional maintain your EMPIRE lawn, it is recommended that you use a company that has been trained by Sod Solutions on the best maintenance practices for EMPIRE. These professionals have been tested and qualified, and each stands behind their work.